When making API requests, you must send an
anthropic-version request header. For example,
anthropic-version: 2023-06-01. If you are using our client libraries, this is handled for you automatically.
For any given API version, we will preserve:
- Existing input parameters
- Existing output parameters
However, we may do the following:
- Add additional optional inputs
- Add additional values to the output
- Change conditions for specific error types
- Add new variants to enum-like output values (for example, streaming event types)
Generally, if you are using the API as documented in the reference, we will not break your usage.
We always recommend using the latest API version whenever possible. Previous versions are considered deprecated and may be unavailable for new users.
- New format for streaming server-sent events (SSE):
- Removed legacy
truncatedvalues in responses.
2023-01-01: Initial release.